Permanent, full-time role
Why Work at Stewart Morrison Insurance?
Stewart Morrison Insurance is a dynamic, award-winning independent brokerage that has been serving clients since 1971. Led by community leader Marlene Morrison Nicholls, the company employs over 30 brokers and support staff across its head office in Lindsay and four branches in Peterborough, Port, Perry, Fenelon Falls and Bobcaygeon. We are dedicated to connecting with and understanding the complexities of our clients to ensure they have the right coverage.
We value relationships greatly, and we continuously work to expand our business so we can create more opportunities for talented insurance professionals. We’ve built an inclusive culture and environment where you’ll be encouraged and mentored. In joining the Stewart Morrison Insurance team, you will become part of a growing company that offers competitive and equitable compensation packages, high-level training and opportunities for advancement and growth. Your success is our success — join us!
As a member of the Personal Lines team at Stewart Morrison Insurance, you’ll be involved in sales and serving clients, from discussing their insurance needs, quoting and recommending the right products, to advocating for them throughout the claim process. As a registered broker, you’ll prioritize building and maintaining strong client relationships, providing trusted advice and service, processing contracts, and bringing in new business.
Your understanding of insurance products and client needs allows you to build smart solutions that offer the best value. You’re motivated to continually learn about new insurance products, industry trends and regulations, and you’ll have a thorough knowledge of all product lines, including binding authority, coverage and market placement.
What Your Day Would Look Like
- Manage client requests and concerns, providing exceptional service at every step
- Service and maintain clients while ensuring retention of client split
- New business development, including up-sell and cross-sell
- Communicate using multiple methods, such as in person, incoming and outgoing calls, email and e-signature
- Use of company portals
- Obtain competitive insurance quotes using in-house tools and resources
- Be a positive ambassador of the Stewart Morrison Insurance team at community functions and events
- Valid RIBO License (CAIB or CIP considered an asset)
- Minimum 2 years experience in the insurance industry
- Experience with Broker Management Systems (TAM an asset)
- Proficient in company portals (Upload, Policy Changes, Inquiries, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player within production and service teams
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective organizational and time management skills
To keep our staff and clients as safe as possible, we have installed plexi-glass barriers, we provide masks, gloves and hand sanitizer, and we have increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
Location: 158 Lindsay St. S, Lindsay, Ont.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Accessible Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Compensation Type: Salary + Commission
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: Open
To apply, email your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.