Tenant Insurance

What’s Yoursurance for your home?

Find the right coverage to help ensure all your belongings are protected, come whatever may.

Switching is easier than you think, and the right insurance is really affordable

Learn More

Request a Quote

Tenant Insurance Basics

When considering your rental home insurance needs, it is important to understand the types of coverages that are available.

Your landlords insurance policy doesn’t cover you or your belongings. You need tenants insurance to protect your belongings from theft,
vandalism, fire, and falling objects, the minute you begin renting. Don't leave the things you work hard to buy open
to risk - we’re here to help you protect what matters most.

Yoursurance: What you should protect for your rental home


Coverage for all contents in your home including items such as clothing, furniture, electronics and appliances - essentially anything that is movable. Coverage can extent off-premises when you are travelling, if you have a relative move to a retirement home or have student away at school.

Schedules Items

Unique higher value items can be listed on your home policy providing additional coverage options for your fur coat, valuable art work, and jewellery, for example.

Personal Liability

Coverage for you and your family for anything you could be held personally liable for. Personal liability goes where you go.

Water Protection

Water damage is the leading cause of loss. Water Protection will provide coverage for Ruptured plumbing, sewer backup and extensions of coverage such as overland water and service line are available.

Addional Living Expenses

Coverage to pay for extra expenses for an alternative place to live, meals and other costs in the event a loss occurs which prevents you from occupying your residence.

Looking for car insurance?

Check out our car insurance!

learn more about auto insurance

Say hello to Stewart Morrison Insurance - Personal Team

Meet the Team
Stewart Morrison Insurance Broker Lineup