Winter is Coming...
As temperatures drop below the freezing mark, our attention should be directed toward preparing our homes to weather the winter as best as possible; both inside and outside your home.
To protect your pipes from freezing, and prevent winter water damage, follow these easy steps:
- Inspect your pipes, or have a professional inspect them to ensure they are properly insulated
- Have all seals checked. Seal leaks can lead to cold air getting in your pipes and freezing the water
- As part of your final fall chores, turn off outside taps and disconnect outdoor hoses
- Install frost free faucets (Hose Bibbs) for supplying water to the front and back yards. If installed correctly they can prevent pipes from freezing and also prevent water damage
- Install water shut-off alarms that shut off the water supply if a leak is detected
- Drain all pipes if you are going to be away for an extended period of time (more than four days consecutively)
For more great tips on how to protect yourself and your home all winter long, click here!
We are always here for you! If you have questions, we have answers. Call, click or visit one of our 6 locations